What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer's hard drive when you visit a website.
What do cookies do?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently and enhancing the customer's experience when visiting a website. For example they can remember your preferences.
Are cookies safe?
Yes, cookies are small text files. They can't look into your computer or read any personal information. Cookies can't carry viruses or install anything harmful on your computer.
Are cookies used for tracking?
What types of cookies are used?
We use a number of cookies; these are session cookies and persistent cookies. These cookies do not collect personal information.
- Session Cookies. These cookies identify that the user is moving from page to page and terminate when the user stops visiting the various pages. It is then deleted when the browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies help us to remember your settings when you revisit our website and therefore these continue to stay on your computer after you have visited our site.
- Third Party Cookies. All cookies belong to an owner such as advertising partners and can also be set into external content from third party websites within our website.
Should I keep cookies switched on?
We would like you to keep cookies 'turned on' while you visit our websites so you receive the best possible experience. However if you would like to turn off cookies you can do so by editing the settings in your browser.
- Turn off cookies in Internet Explorer
- Turn off cookies in Chrome
- Turn off cookies in Safari
- Turn off cookies in FireFox
- Turn off cookies in Safari iOS
- Turn off cookies in Google Android